Following a meeting in Lancaster on 28 May 2009 there were some changes to membership of the consortium. A further change was agreed in July 2013, and another in November 2013. There are currently consortium members at the following university departments.
- University of Helsinki, Department of Modern Languages (English Philology): Matti Rissanen, Minna Palander-Collin, Turo Hiltunen
- University of Bamberg (Otto-Friedrich-Universität Bamberg), Department of English (Lehrstuhl für Englische Sprachwissenschaft einschließlich Sprachgeschichte): Manfred Krug
- University of Freiburg (Albert-Ludwigs-Universität Freiburg), Department of English (Englisches Seminar): Christian Mair, Bernd Kortmann
- University of Heidelberg (Ruprecht-Karls-Universität Heidelberg), Department of English (Anglistisches Seminar): Nadja Nesselhauf
- University of Trier (Universität Trier), Department of English Studies (Fachbereich Anglistik): Sebastian Hoffmann
- University of Santiago de Compostela, Research Unit on Variation, Linguistic Change and Grammaticalization, Department of English and German (Departamento de Filoloxía Inglesa e Alemá): Teresa Fanego, María José López-Couso, Belén Méndez-Naya, Paloma Núñez-Pertejo
- Uppsala University (Uppsala universitet), Department of English: Merja Kytö
- University of Zurich (Universität Zürich), Department of English (Englisches Seminar): Gerold Schneider
- Lancaster University, UCREL Research Centre: Paul Rayson
- University of Leicester, School of Education/School of English: Nicholas Smith
- The University of Manchester, Linguistics and English Language: David Denison, Nuria Yáñez-Bouza
- University of Michigan, Department of English: Anne Curzan
- Northern Arizona University (NAU), Department of English: Douglas Biber
- University of Southern California (USC), Department of Linguistics: Edward Finegan
Most of these departments are willing to host visits by interested scholars who wish to consult ARCHER. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for contact details of the responsible person at one of these departments.