Below you can find details of recent and upcoming talks by the Unlocking the Hamilton Papers project team.
- David Denison, Nuria Yáñez-Bouza, Tino Oudesluijs, Cassandra Ulph & Christine Wallis. “Transcribing and Editing The Mary Hamilton Papers (c.1750–c.1820)”. ICAME42: Crossing Boundaries through Corpora. University of TU Dortmund, Germany. 18-21 August 2021.
- Tino Oudesluijs. “Considering the effects of copying behaviour on written language in 18th century English letters”. International Conference on English Historical Linguistics 21. Leiden University, Netherlands. 7-11 June 2021.
- Tino Oudesluijs, Nuria Yáñez-Bouza & David Denison. “The Mary Hamilton Papers (c.1750–c.1820): Digitising new data for the study of linguistic and literary networks”. ISLE 6: Evolving English and the Digital Era. University of Joensuu, Finland. 2-5 June 2021.
- Cassie Ulph. “Intimacy, creativity and networks: reading practices in the Mary Hamilton Papers”, GOTH 1st Annual Research Symposium (‘Women’s Writing and Book History’ panel). The Open University, UK. 20-21 May 2021.
- Sophie Coulombeau & Katie Crowther (Doctoral Candidate, University of York). “Unlocking the digital archive”. Centre for Eighteenth Century Studies Research Seminar, University of York, UK. 27 April 2021.
- Tino Oudesluijs & Nuria Yáñez-Bouza. “Through the lens of The Mary Hamilton Papers (c.1750–c.1820): Ego-documents, individuals and historical social networks”. HiSoN Conference: Intra-Writer Variation in Historical Sociolinguistics. University of Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg, Germany. 17-19 March 2021. Programme here: HiSoN 2021
- David Denison & Nuria Yáñez-Bouza. “Unlocking the Mary Hamilton Papers: the locksmiths’ view”. Seminar talk the English Linguistics Research Seminar, University of Uppsala. 28 January 2021.
- Sophie Coulombeau. “Unlocking the Mary Hamilton Papers”. Seminar talk at BARS Digital Events: ‘Digital Editions in Romantic Studies’. 26 November 2020. You can view the roundable on the BARS Digital Events youtube channel, here.
- Sophie Coulombeau. “Unlocking the Mary Hamilton Papers”. Seminar talk at Open Digital Seminar in Eighteenth-Century Studies, 1 April 2020. You can watch Sophie’s talk on the ODSECS youtube channel, here.
Here you can create the content that will be used within the module.